You are here:

Immigration Issues/naturalization papers?


Hey, I'm not sure if this counts as an immigration question, but I hope so!
My entire family was born in India but we moved to America when I was very young, so I grew up here. My parents applied for American citizenship, and received it while I was still underage, so I became an American citizen by default. However, I just found out that while I am an American citizen, I did not receive naturalization papers, like my parents, because I became a citizen simply by being their child and this has me a little worried because, if I lose my passport, without naturalization papers, it will be very difficult to prove that I AM a citizen and have my passport made again. So I was wondering if there is any way I can apply for naturalization papers? I have my passport with me now, so would that make the process easier?

Hello Sheila,

I can help you obtain citizenship certificate.  For more information, see here:

Paste it into your URL.

If you need help with the process.  Email me at  I charge $600 for my service.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack Sung


Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else


Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

Awards and Honors
LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award

©2017 All rights reserved.