Immigration Issues/Canadian citizen marriage to U.S. boyfriend.

Question
While I was visiting my boyfriend of only a couple of months in augusta,GA we decided to get married while I am here..I have only been in the us for 2 months. Myself and my daughter who is only 1 years old are wanting to stay in the US with him and live here.
Should we get married first and then apply or apply & then get married?
What do we have to do in either case to allow myself to work here and live here legally?
What do we have to do to make my daughter (who is not my boyfriends biological child) able to go to school and live here legally?
Will we have to leave the us during the process time?
What is the cost of this going to be?

I need as much advice as possible.
Thank you J-

Answer

I recommend marrrying within the U.S., since the sponsorship paperwork that follows the marriage will allow you and your child to continue to remain in the U.S. and obtain adjustment of status within the U.S. without the need to depart the U.S.

Additional information can be obtained at the following page of our website: www.h1b1.com/Uscitizen.htm

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for guidance.

Ajay K. Arora