Immigration Issues/F1 Visa Stamping

Question
I have filed my I-539. If I get my status changed to F-1, I know that if i leave the country I should get my visa stamped and then only return to US. I heard that it is highly possible to get my visa rejected in india (my home country). Please let me know what would be the chances of me going to India after my status gets changed.

Answer

If granted change of status to F1, you do not have to travel outside the U.S.

However, if you do travel outside the U.S., it is indeed possible for the Consulate to not issue the F1 visa stamp. They will look at factors such as violations of immigration status during your stay in the U.S., whether you have a permanent address abroad, whether you have an intention to immigrate permanently to the U.S., etc. We cannot state the probability of issuance of F1 visa stamp by the Consulate, as there are intangible factors that include the mood of the consular officer during the interview.

Ajay K. Arora