You are here:

Immigration Issues/H4 application separate from principal


Hello Atty,
My husband E-filed his I-539 application yesterday (COS from B2 to H4). He was then instructed to send all his supporting documents to the USCIS Vermont Service Center (we are based in Massachusetts). Now, I read the instructions in the USCIS website and it says that if you are filing separately from a principal who's H1B visa is already approved, you must send all your paperworks to the USCIS Texas Lockbox. Now, we are confused as to where to send the supporting documents. The last thing we'd want is to send them to the wrong office and delay the processing of his application. Thanks for your time and help.

I believe the supporting documents in your situation is filed altogether at Dallas.

However, if you submitted the form to Dallas processing center and the case is already forwarded to Vermont, then you should forward supporting documents to VSC with a copy of the filing receipt on top.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack Sung


Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else


Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

Awards and Honors
LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award

©2017 All rights reserved.