Immigration Issues/h4 stamping in Canada

Question
Hi Ajay,

Is there any complication if my husband and myself go to Canada on 28th Sep and come back by Oct 4th for his H1 stamping and for my H4 stamping, since his H1 commences on Oct1, or we have to go back to our native country for stamping?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Answer

Please take note of the following excerpt from http://canada.usembassy.gov/visas/visas/categories-and-requirements/important-no

Important Notice for Applicants Seeking a First-Time Student (F, M, J) or Worker (E3, H, L) visas

Consular officers in Canada will likely refuse to issue a visa to first-time student or work visa applicants if their education and/or work experience is solely or predominantly from a country other than the United States or Canada. Note also that there are some risks associated with applying for a visa in Canada. If the consular officer does not approve the visa, the applicant may not be able to return to the United States. Even successful applicants may be required to stay for an extended period until a decision has been rendered. Please consider all these expenses and time delays before scheduling an appointment.

Ajay K. Arora