Immigration Issues/job position in permanent residence.

Question
Dear Mr Ajay,

My husband plans to apply for  permanent residence. He plans to apply with a different job position from a position he is now holding with  his H1-B status. Will this be a problem? He works as a clinic manager now, but he will apply for it with a therapist position after he meets requirements. Thank you.

Answer

If your husband is qualified for the new job at the time that the green card process is started, then he can be supported for the green card process in a different occupational category.

General information about the green card process through the filing of a PERM application is here: www.h1b1.com/laborcert.htm

Ajay K. Arora