Immigration Issues/Labor certification for Physical therapist.

Question
QUESTION: Hello,

I wonder whether labor certification is necessary for physical therapists when applying for green card. I checked your office service fee for green card application. It stated that the fee is 1000 $ in case the office prepares labor certification. In case physical therapists don't need it, how much the fee will be?

Thank you.

ANSWER: Hi,

The I-140 immigrant petition in EB3 category for Schedule A occupations (licensed physical therapists and registered nurses, primarily) do require obtaining prevailing wage per PERM guidelines, and completion of the PERM application in duplicate (although PERM certification is not required from the Dept. of Labor). Thus, our law firm's legal fee is $2000, payable in two installments.

General information about PERM is here: www.h1b1.com/laborcert.htm

You may contact info@h1b1.com directly for a proposal without obligation.

QUESTION: My husband US doctoral degree in PT. Will this shorten any time window? Also, is there any requirement for advertisement? Can a employer put an ad in advance?

Thank you.

ANSWER: Hi,

If your husband is a licensed physical therapist, and his position requires an advanced degree as a minimum qualification for the job, then the I-140 can be filed in EB2 category, which is considerably faster than EB3. See www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm

Advertising is not required since this would be a Schedule A occupation.

QUESTION: Could you let me know how long it usually takes to get work permit through EB-2 physical therapist petition with your service for this case?

Answer

Please note that it typically takes 2 months for prevailing wage to be issued, and then I-140 petition is filed. It can be filed through premium processing, whereby the USCIS will make a decision within 15 days of filing. The adjustment of status application can be filed either concurrently with I-140 assuming that the priority date is current as per www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm or else the adjustment of status application can be filed after I-140 approval. When adjustment of status is filed, EAD (employment authorization document) application can be filed as well.

If there is a job offer and the employer is willing to sign the I-140 petition, please contact our law firm directly at info@h1b1.com for a proposal without obligation.

Ajay K. Arora