Immigration Issues/please inform me

Message body

Dear Sir/Madam,
I recieved my 1th file number as an applicant for federal skill workers in 25/april/2010 and Canadian embassy in damascus recieved my complete documents and send me an email in 3 /october/2010 which contains my second file number. Iam under lots of pressure and counting days to recieve my medical letter and hopefully my visa. please inform me how long wold the processing take time? and when  could I receive my visa?

On the top of that I should say that Iam really thankful for your attention in answering my questions.
Looking forward hearing from you soon,
Sincerely Yours,

Dear Faranak,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada posts average processing times on their website.  Unfortunately, data is only available for applications received up to June 25, 2010 which state average processing times for completed applications at 18 months from the date they are received at the visa office.  Ministerial Instructions have also changed priorities of processing so the good news for you is that your application would receive a higher priority than those received before June 25, 2010.  However, processing is more than 1 year on average for Damascus even with a higher priority so my best guess would be that you still have some time to wait.

It is impossible to provide you with exact information about this.  If you wish, you may order your CAIPS/GCMS notes which will advise you what has been done on your file at the visa office to date.  Since you are outside of Canada, you must use a service provider IN Canada to order these notes.  If you are interested in doing this, please write again and I will look for some agencies who provide this service.  There would be a fee involved however, I do not know what that would be.  You may also send a Case Specific Inquiry yourself to the visa office.  Please see the following link.

Best of luck.

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
ICCRC No. R412519

Roxanne Jessome

I can answer questions pertaining to Canadian Immigration laws, policies and procedures as well as Canadian citizenship.

I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant specializing in the areas of family classes (spousal sponsorships, parents and grandparents), economic classes (federal skilled worker, provincial nominees, Canada experience class), and temporary entry (temporary foreign workers, visitors) and permanent residency obligations and citizenship requirements.

Immigration Consultants Regulatory Council of Canada Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

Graduate of the University of British Columbia, Certificate in Immigration Laws, Policies and Procedures.