Immigration Issues/sponsorship of brother

Question
Hi, thank-you for donating your time to help others.
I would like to sponsor my married brother. He lives in Germany but they are purchasing a condo here in SC. My multiple questions are:
Can I sponsor them while they are in the US on tourist visas?
If not, and we sponsor them while they stay in Germany, how long does it take usually? (I have heard years)
As foreign property owners can they still visit while their paperwork is in progress?
If so, how long may they stay in the country at a time? 90 days..180days etc and how often can they visit?
We want to do everything legally and above board and do not want to jeopardize the sponsorship.
Thank-you for your time
Lol

Answer

You can sponsor your brother in the 4th family preference category: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

It will take about 10 to 12 years for a visa to be available in this category: www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm

Your brother cannot reside legally in the U.S. based on your sponsorship during the time it takes for a visa to be available. If entering on visa waiver, he can visit up to 90 days at a time. Visiting too often, or spending the majority of time in the U.S., can result in future denial of entry to the U.S. based on residing in the U.S. (as opposed to maintaining a foreign residence). However, your brother can purchase property in the U.S. and can even live at this property during his visits, as long as he does not really "reside" in the U.S. His primary residence should be outside the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora