Immigration Issues/spouse visa

Question
hi, I just got married and my wife is in nepal. I am a green card holder and currently applying for citizenship. some people suggest me to apply from green card and after I  became us citizen it will be faster for the process. is it true or is there any other way to get my wife in usa faster. I think it will take about 5-6 months for me to become us citizen.

Answer

It is a bit faster if you file an immigrant petition for your wife now in the F2A category: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

Your wife will be able to enter the U.S. when either the priority date becomes current, or you become a U.S. citizen, whichever occurs first. Additional information about priority dates is here: www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm

The Consulate is unlikely to issue a visitor visa to your wife, as she is an intending immigrant to the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora