Immigration Issues/EAD

Question
QUESTION: Hi

My L1B has got rejected and I have travelled to US on L2
Do you think my L1B rejection can impact my EAD processing?

Regards
Meenakshi

ANSWER: Hi,

There will be no problem with successfully filing an EAD application once you are in the U.S. on L2 visa status. An earlier visa stamping rejection at the Consulate does not impact cases filed with the USCIS.

QUESTION: My visa got rejected by USCIS and never reached to the consulate.
Will it impact EAD processing

ANSWER: It is not a problem, as any filing with USCIS is independent of previous filing. Thus, the EAD application should be approved.

QUESTION: Thanks Ajay but if ead processing is independent of previous filing, any idea why  I765 form asks for any previous visa rejections.

Sorry to be revolving around this but I Want to really sure of my EAD processing.

Also do you provide assistance in filing EAD

Answer
The question on I-765 is asking about previous filings of I-765. You have not previously filed I-765, and even if you had, the question is a formality for bureaucratic reasons.

You can contact our law firm directly at info@h1b1.com for a legal fee quote for any immigration matter (including preparation/filing of I-765) without obligation.

Ajay K. Arora