Immigration Issues/English/American marriage

Question
Hello Mr. Arora,
    I am a U.S. citizen engaged to marry a U.K citizen.  We have been together for quite a while and are trying to figure out the best way to marry with the ultimate goal of my fiance settling to live in the U.S.  We have gotten conflicting information as to whether it is better to marry here in the U.S. or for me to go to England and marry there, then after I return file for my fiance to come over on a spousal visa.  The problem with that method is we would need a visa to marry in the U.K., AND one for my fiance to come back to the U.S.  We would like the speediest route (if that exists) with a minimal amount of time apart.  I read a previous post about marrying in the U.S., then adjusting status, but is this legal, or worse, will that just tick off immigration?  Ultimately, we just want to legally be together and start our lives together.

Answer

If the primary purpose of your fiancee is not to marry you, she can enter on the visa waiver program as any other visitor from the U.K. and be permitted to remain in the U.S. for 90 days. If you decide to get married during her visit (it is best to wait 60 days after entry), then all sponsorship paperwork can be filed concurrently and she can continue to remain in the U.S. and obtain resident status in the U.S.: www.h1b1.com/Uscitizen.htm

Alternatively, K1 visa petition category is recommended to allow for entry of a fiancee to the U.S. for the purpose of marriage. Marriage must take place within 90 days of entry. This can be a lengthy process but at least you will not be separated after marriage: http://h1b1.com/K1visa.htm  

Ajay K. Arora