Immigration Issues/H1b filing acknowledgement

Question
My company is filing H1b for me.How much time it will take to receive the acknowledgement number? Also how much time will it take to get the petition.

Answer

The USCIS typically issues the receipt notice about 2 weeks after it has received the petition. This receipt notice is mailed to the attorney who prepared the H1B petition.

An H1B petition is typically approved in 2 to 4 months after filing. If filed through "premium processing" (whereby the USCIS charges additional filing fee), it can be approved within 15 days of filing.