Immigration Issues/H1B multiple filings

Question
Hi,I am in US on H4 and looking for an employer who can file H1B for their new position.as at the same time I am giving a lot of interview.My question is: Say if I proceed with an employer for the h1B filing and then during the process itself if I get a better opportunity, then Is it possible to transfer the same to other employer? or do I need to wait until I get the H1B with first employer and then can switch to second one? Also I am not sure about the quota for this year's H1B filing,seeing the trend do you have any idea how long it will last?

Answer

Until you actually obtain approval of an H1B petition filed for you, you will remain in underlying H4 status. Any employer filing an H1B petition for you will request "change of status" from H4 to H1B.

When one H1B petition has been approved, and you granted change of status to H1B, then any future H1B petitions (either by the same employer or other employers) will request "extension of status".

The following pages from our website are helpful: www.h1b1.com/concurrent.htm and www.h1b1.com/family.htm

Nobody knows when the visa cap will be reached. Information about the latest visa availability is here: http://www.uscis.gov/h-1b_count

Ajay K. Arora