Immigration Issues/H1B Visa stamping from Mexico or Canada

Question
I am currently on H1B Visa and working in IT with state government. I am an India born, New Zealand Citizen. The first 3 Years of my H1B visa are finishing on 29 Sep 2011.

In 1 May 2011, I changed my employer. I have the I-94 approved for my new employer until May 9 2014.  

I want to stamp my H1B Visa. Can I travel to Mexico or Canada to get my H1b Visa stamped? Or Do I have to go to India or New Zealand for my H1B Visa Stamping?

Please advise me how can I proceed with this? Thank you in anticipation.

Charanjit

Answer

You can apply in either Canada or Mexico. However, as you can read from the following link, the Consulates in Canada and Mexico discourage applying for visa stamp from third country nationals who do not have a U.S. degree: http://canada.usembassy.gov/visas/visas/categories-and-requirements/important-no

and if applying in Mexico, you must already have an existing H1B visa stamp in your passport: http://matamoros.usconsulate.gov/non-immigrant_visas/third-country-national-tcns

It is best to apply in either the home country, or country or last residence.

Ajay K. Arora