Immigration Issues/I-485 question re. employment experience

Question
Hello,

I am getting ready to file my I-485 and found a problem:

The resume that I submitted for my I-140 and all my I-129's has my employment dates in India as Nov XXXX to May XXXX. It should have been Nov XXXX to March XXXX . This job experience was not the basis for any of my employment or education in the US.

In my G-325A, obviously, I will be writing the accurate employment dates as Nov XXXX to March XXXX.

During the processing of I-485, if they compare my employment dates in the G-325A with the resume submitted for I-140/I-129's, will a RFE/NOID be issued? Will a notarized statement from me stating that it was a typo help to answer such a RFE/NOID?

Thank you!

Answer

A resume is not required to be submitted with H1B petitons or I-140 petitions or I-485 applications, and thus the USCIS typically does not look at resumes submitted earlier when adjudicating I-485 applications.

At the I-485 stage, the employment dates on the biographic questionnaire will be compared to your employment authorization in the U.S. to see if you maintained H1B status while in the U.S. Any discrepancy with the information on the G-325A with earlier resume, if noticed at all by the USCIS, will not be material anyway since you apparently qualified for the job for which you were sponsored by the U.S. employer independently of foreign work experience. I do not foresee any problems or issuance of any RFE/NOID.

Ajay K. Arora