Immigration Issues/US Citizen Petition Brother

Question
Hi I Am A US citizen and I have petition my brother back in 1997. I was wondering how long does he have to wait to be called to get his residence. I had received only one letter at the beginning of the process and I haven't received anything else should I be concern?
Please help! and Thanks for your help in advance.

Answer

Information about the family sponsorship categories is here: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

Unless your brother was born (country of chargeability) in Mexico or Philippines, where the waiting period for the 4th family preference category is longer, the priority date is current according to the current visa bulletin: www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm

You should be concerned about the lack of response. Please contact the USCIS at 800-375-5283 if you have not received the I-130 approval notice, or the National Visa Center (NVC) if the USCIS approved the I-130 petition but you have not heard from the NVC: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

Ajay K. Arora