Immigration Issues/EB2 eligibility

Question

wish you Happy new year, i Have 3yrs indian bachelor+ 2years masters + 6yrs of experience in US came in 2005. my attorney is saying 3yrs Bsc+ 2yrs Msc is consider as bachelor for H1B purpose not for GC. so i do not have EB2 eligibility, besides i have state license to work, as well as member in professional association.

i know my 5yrs of education is consider as Bachelor degree as per us immigration, so with 5 yrs of experience i should be eligible for EB2.

pls let me know do i eligible for EB2 or not

Thank you in advance.

Arivu

Answer

If your master's degree is in a field or subject related to your 3 year bachelor's degree, then you appear eligible for EB2 based on the equivalent of a four-year U.S. bachelor's degree plus 5 years of employment experience if the experience was earned after completion of your master's degree. General information is here: www.h1b1.com/employmentbased.htm

Ajay K. Arora