Immigration Issues/GC through marriage to a U.S. citizen

Question
Hi there,
I am foreign student in the U.S.A. with F1 status. I met my fiancé 4 years ago and now we have baby together but we never get marred. Now as we have baby together, I need to apply for green card and I don’t know how to start. Actually I heard from friends that I have to have my birth certificate which is one of the requirement but it will be hard for me to get this in the current time as I am still in USA and my country so far and too complicated to get one from there. So I need to know whats the requirement for applying to green card and if the birth certificate is necessary to have? Thank you and have a good day?

Answer

You can be sponsored for a green card once you are married to a U.S. citizen: www.h1b1.com/Uscitizen.htm

A birth certificate is required to be filed along with the sponsorship paperwork. However, if you are unable to obtain a birth certificate, alternative evidence of birth may be submitted such as affidavits of birth from two persons older than you who were aware of the circumstances of your birth such as date and place of birth and the names of your parents.  

Ajay K. Arora