Immigration Issues/H1B filing and LCA

Question
Hi,My H1B was initiated by one of the employer before the quota was finished for 2011-2012 year in Nov.Although my LCA was approved but they were not able to file the H1B petition.And now I have been hired through a non-profit organization and they are filing for new H1B.To proceed with do I need to contact previous employer to cancel my LCA?or it is fine even if I do not contact them.Please assist.

Answer

The certified LCA is not required to be revoked. In any event, only the employer which filed the LCA can revoke it.

The H1B petition filed by your new employer will not be negatively impacted by the previous LCA certification through another employer. The new employer does not require any information about the previous LCA.

Ajay K. Arora