Immigration Issues/Immigration


I am 28 years old and just found out I am not legal but have been in the US since I was 7.  My parents did the 1986 amnesty, but I was not included in their petition, why I don't know.  I have a valid SS card and graduated from HS and taken college classes. I am employed and have collected unemployment when I was laid off.
I am married to a US citizen, how do I stay here legally?

Hi Magda:
Sorry to hear about your situation.  There is nothing much you can do right now; but to be able to assist and/or advise you properly, details about your and your parents current status and date and mode of entry is essential.  However, with limited information provided - you might wait for the Dream Act which if made into law and implemented might help you or if you entered lawfully (on a visa or were admitted into the United States) then you may apply for GC through marriage case [if your United States Citizen husband files immigrant petition for you.) Also, you may be eligible for the Hardship (Cancellation of Removal) case.

I would suggest you do consult with an attorney with all the details and I am hopeful that things would turn for your benefit.  We have successfully completed many cases for applicants in like situations.  If you desire, you may call our office for a telephonic and/or in-person consultation.  

Best wishes,
Ajay Singh, Esq.  
275 North Street, Newburgh, NY 12550
845-784-1500 (Tel.) 646-807-4582 (Fax)

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.


Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.