Immigration Issues/L1A Blanket eligibility query

Question
I am with one of the top IT MNCs in India. I have overall experience of 5.2 years. I was in the process of applying for a L1A Blanket visa when I was told by our internal visa cell that in order to qualify - the associate needs to have a minimum of 6 years overall experience. I want to understand if this eligibility criteria is at the consulate level or the company level. Any response is much appreciated.

Thanks
Amit

Answer

The USCIS only requires one year of experience with the company supporting you for the L1A visa category. Any experience requirement beyond this is your employer's decision, but you must have the support of your company to obtain L1A visa stamp.

General information about the L1 visa category is here: www.h1b1.com/L1visa.htm

Ajay K. Arora