Immigration Issues/Marriage to a U.S. citizen

Question
Hi there,
I am foreign student at U.S.A and I am planning to start the processing for green card and right now, I am still in F1 visa. However, I met my fiancé 4 years ago and now we will have baby together a month from now but we are not still married. We deicide to get married within this month before she got the baby. My question today:

1-   What is the processing to get married officially and how if you have an idea?
2-   Do I have to hire a lower to help me out to get the green card or I can do it by my self as I don’t have much money in the current time and I know it costly to get it. Is there any way that I can work with someone and pay the cost as installment or not.

Regarding to what I read in the internet, it will cost $1070 to change stutus, $400 to get work permission and $300 for medical exam. So hope to get an answer from you that help me out.
Thank you very much and hope you have a good night.
Take care

Answer

I am assuming that your marriage will be with a U.S. citizen. The immigrant petition (I-130) along with the adjustment of status application (I-485) are filed concurrently along with other USCIS paperwork such as biographic questionnaire, affidavit of support, employment authorization (EAD) and advance parole (AP) document applications, as well as supporting documents. It typically takes about 3 months for both employment authorization as well as advance parole documents to be issued, and perhaps another 2 or 3 months for the marriage interview to be scheduled by the USCIS, at which time you will receive resident status in the U.S.

General information is here: www.h1b1.com/Uscitizen.htm

The filing fee is $1,490 currently payable to Department of Homeland Security. The EAD and AP applications are filed with the USCIS without any additional filing fees. (Not filing them will not reduce the USCIS filing fees).

You can contact our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for guidance as well as legal fee quote.

Ajay K. Arora