Immigration Issues/Porting I140 EB3 old priority dates

Question
Here is the situation:

(1) Employer-A. I-140 approved and later on revoked, with priority dated Oct-2006, in EB3 Category and I485 is pending , since then.

(2) Working with company-B as FTE using my AC21 portability. Current company don't process my EB2 labor and I140.

(3) Company-C is ready to file the same.

Can I port my EB3 pri. date into EB2 with employer-C ?

Is there any grey area on this ? have came across, such situation before and what is the probability, to get this done ??

Thanking you in advance.

Sincerely

Answer

An approved I-140, even if subsequently revoked by the sponsoring employer, is useful for preserving the priority date. Thus, if Co. C files PERM (also known as application for labor certification) and I-140 (whether in EB2 or EB3 is immaterial), the earlier priority date of Oct. 2006 is preserved so when I-140 will be filed by Co. C., a copy of earlier I-140 approval notice through Co. A should be attached to the new I-140 petition filed by Co. C. The I-140 approval notice issued by the USCIS will have the earlier priority date of Oct. 2006 indicated on the approval notice. It has been done successfully.

General information about EB2/EB3 is here: www.h1b1.com/employmentbased.htm

Ajay K. Arora