You are here:

Immigration Issues/replacing I-151 with current green card


Have been an lpr since 1974 and recently  (in August of 2011)accepted deferred prosecution for cmt shoplifting which under my state statute falls within the petty offense exception.  I have no other convictions other than a speeding ticket in 1994. The term of my deferred prosecution will end in August 2012 No probation, no plea of any kind entered--just remain law-abiding for 12 mos. after which (in criminal court)charges  will be dismissed.  Is it best to wait until then b/4 applying for a I-555?  I moved from CA to my current address in AZ in 1995 and did not notify USCIS of address change--not willfully or maliciously, just overlooked.  I am still at the same address in AZ.Thank you in advance

Dear Linda:
It seems that since you are an LPR since 1974, you are applying for the new Green Card, if I am not mistaken - if so you may wait until the charges are dismissed. As for the change of address you may fill out form AR11 [online or by mail] and send it to USCIS ASAP.  

Best wishes,

Ajay Singh, Esq.  
275 North Street, Newburgh, NY 12550
845-784-1500 (Tel.) 646-807-4582 (Fax)

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.


Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.