Immigration Issues/Valid H1, planning for L2

Question
I hold H1 for a company and had been to US on H1 as part of my work I still have a valid H1B visa with my current company.Now I am planning to move to US on L2 without resigning my current job taking a break for 2-3 months from my current company.If I go for L2 stamping having valid H1 Visa ,will my H1 Visa revokes and I will have only L2 valid or I will have both valid Visa's. If I want to come US on H1 later do I need to go for stamping with my current company?...

Answer

It is a good plan to apply for L2 visa stamp at the Consulate, as you do not plan on working for the current H1B employer for 2 to 3 months after entry to the U.S., whereas there should not be a major interruption of your employment with the H1B employer if you wish to maintain H1B status.

The Consulate will normally revoke an existing visa stamp when issuing a new visa stamp. If you wish to enter on H1B visa status in the future, you would therefore obtain a new H1B visa stamp from the Consulate.

Ajay K. Arora