Immigration Issues/Change of status from F2 to F1

Question
hi... I'm currently on my OPT until March 1 2013 and my husband is also on F1, he graduates in May. I want to switch to F2. Do I apply for change of status here or go to India in March and apply for F2? What are the chances of rejection? My husband plans to go on OPT after he graduates. What kind of financial support he needs to show? How much money in the bank etc...
Thanks a lot

Answer

You have the option of applying for change of status within the U.S. with the USCIS no later than March 01, 2013. Upon approval of the application by the USCIS, you will automatically be in F2 status.

Please contact the DSO (also known as international student advisor) at your university for new I-20 to enable changing status. The application should be approved, assuming that you and your husband are maintaining respective F1 status. The I-20 issued by the university will provide financial information, so please check with the DSO. There is no minimum bank balance required.

Ajay K. Arora