Immigration Issues/Conversion from h4 to B1

Question
My spouse is on H1 and me and my kid are on h4 visa.
Recently I got to know that we can get our h4 converted to B1(business visa).
There is one company in my country with presence in US as well.So can I can take the offer from the company in my country and work here in the US office for some time.
I understand that on B1 it is not allowed to work , but here it is just for 2-3 months.
I would like to know if this is actually possible and will it affect the filing of my H1 visa(which I am planning to file on Apr 1 2013)

Thanks

Answer
Dear Jul2012:
You question is not clear as to what you want to do - 1) You want to convert H4 to B1 or 2) you want to convert h4 to B1 to work?

1) If you qualify, you may convert current H4 to B1 - yes;
2) You may not be eligible to work on B1. working on B1 would be unlawful and may affect your future status and filings.

Best wishes,  

AJAY SINGH