You are here:

Immigration Issues/Crossing the border for work permit


Good day! I have asked a question before regarding processing of Visitors Visa to Working Visa.
I received my LMO already and i am about to file my working permit. However, they say that it was changed already.

They say that it is NOT allowed anymore to cross the border and apply for my working visa.

Is it true that i will be deported if i do that at the border now?

Since i am in a visitors visa, Can i still apply for my working visa by crossing the border?

First, I suggest you that you should be accompanied by a lawyer, if possible. Second, you don't have to cross the boarder. You MUST say to US immigration authorities that you are not seeking entry to US and like to do Flag post. I don't think there should be any problem as long as you have all the supporting documents with you. Rest consult a lawyer.
Good luck

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ravi Khosla


You can ask question related to Canadian Immigration, policies and procedures.


Serving the community since last 25 years in regards to their immigration matters.

Senior Paralegal (Immigration) CVT Law Office Surrey BC


©2017 All rights reserved.