Immigration Issues/F1 students allowed to work overtime

Question
Hi , i am student on F1-visa who is currently employed as full time intern , and i am paid hourly . So my question is am i allowed to get paid for overtime work or am i not allowed to work more than 40 hours at all . if i have already been getting paid overtime till now , how will this effect me in the future when i apply for H1-B visa . Thank you for your reply in advance.

Answer

If you have OPT, there is no problem. If you do not have OPT, it may be unauthorized employment, as F1 status (without OPT or CPT or authorized work on-campus or authorized by the USCIS based on college or university recommendation) otherwise does not allow for employment.

Ajay K. Arora