Immigration Issues/F1 students on CPT allowed to work overtime .

Hi , i am a F1 student with  CPT approval and i have been working as full time intern for the past 4 months  and will continue to do so for another 3 months . My concern is that are students allowed to work overtime and get paid for the same or are students in CPT are limited to working for only 40 hours a week . I have a hourly pay and my offer letter also states my salary if i am working overtime . So will working overtime make things difficult when applying for OPT or H1-B visa ?  And if i have already been paid by my company for working overtime in the past 3 months how will that effect my H1-B or OPT approval . This is a common concern most of the interns from INDIA have , because there are rumors that students on CPT cant work for more than 40 hours per week . Thanks for your reply in advance .

Dear Akshay:
To my understanding, working full time entitles one to work overtime as well.  I think you would be fine.  However, because of the specificity of your query, I recommend that you consult an experienced immigration attorney in your area for proper advise and consultation.  

Best wishes,  

Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.

Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.