Immigration Issues/Fee questions related to I-485

Question
Hello,

"Please note that, if you file Form I-485 to adjust your status as a permanent resident on or after July 30, 2007, no additional fee is required to also file an application for employment authorization on Form I-765 and/or advance parole on Form I-131"

My receipt date for I-485(EB3 and currently pending) is before 7/30/2007, so I have to pay fee.
Once I filed my I-485, I had filed EAD 3 times and AP 2 times after that...
So (380 * 3) + (360 * 2) = 1140 + 720 = around 1860$, which cost me a lot.

Here are questions.

1. If I field my I-485 and they received on or after 7/30/2007, then I wouldn't have to pay 1860$???
2. Does this mean I should have waited to file on or after 7/30/2007 for my I-485 to avoid extra fees such as EAD/AP?
3. If some other guy were in same situation like me but receipt date on or after 7/30/2007, he/she wouldn't have to pay 1860$????
4. Why in the world USCIS waive fess for applicant who filed on or after 7/30/2007?????

Hope I can get some clarification for fees.
Thanks in advance.

Answer

As long as the I-485 application was postmarked no later than July 30, 2007, a lesser filing fee was applicable to the I-485 (filing fee increases went into effect for applications postmarked after 07/30/2007). This is the reasoning that the USCIS uses to continue to charge filing fees for EAD/AP based on pending I-485 that were filed by being postmarked no later than July 30, 2007, and there is no loophole, unfortunately.

Ajay K. Arora