Immigration Issues/Need help!

Question
Hi Ravi,

I have few doubts on the my current status in Canada.
I landed in canada with my wife and daughter on April 2011 with a valid work visa for 1 yr and my visa was expired on April 1st 2012,my employer applied for wp renewal,LMO and it is refused.Reapplied and got positive LMO on Mid-july. Applied for WP renewal with positive LMO on july 23.Spoke to CIC agent and they said application was received on July 23 and sent to restoration dept on Aug 22 and said I may expect update by Dec 13.Meanwhile my wife is on a dependent visa and applied for her open wp renewal at the same time.
My question is how long does it take for me to receive my WP?, because my wife got a job offer and her employer is asking for a wp or any proof so that she can start working
Is there any where that she can work under implied status? or can we suggest her employer to hire her as if she is working from the home country?
Please advise.
Thanks in advance

Answer
Dear Chaitas,

Thanks for your inquiry.

1. My question is how long does it take for me to receive my WP?
It's hard for me to tell you how long CIC will take but an agent has already given you a date. If you asked me earlier, I'd have suggested you to do the flag post, so that you get your work permit on the same date from the boarder. Anyway, now you just have to wait.

2.Is there any where that she can work under implied status?
The answer is NO. Yes, it is possible if you choose the second option but I suggest you to wait for your response.

Regards
Ravi

Ravi Khosla