Immigration Issues/Citizenship

Question

Me,My wife and my son got green card 5 years ago. I live in New York.
Now its time for us to apply for citizenship. I filled  N-400 form for me and my wife. Do I need to file my son citizenship right now ? I already filled form N-600 for him but my question is : I must have to wait for our citizenship before we apply for his citizenship OR i Can simultaneously apply for his citizenship right now ? Which address do I need to mail both form ? Please guide me. I really appreciate for your earliest reply.

Answer

Assuming that your son is under 18 years of age, a permanent resident, and resides with you (or your wife), he is automatically included in your (or your wife's) naturalization application. There is no requirement to file a N-600 form. You will need to read the instructions on the N400 form for filing address: http://www.uscis.gov/n-400

Incidentally, there is no additional filing fee for your son to be included in your naturalization application, as noting the name of your children in your N400 application automatically includes qualifying children.

Ajay K. Arora