Immigration Issues/Spouse Immigration

Question
Hi Ravi,

I got my PR visa stamped and i am doing landing next week( visa will expire in 2 month).My marriage is after a month.I will do my landing go back to india and then come to canada permanently.i plan to sponsor my wife after coming back to canada so i have time to settle down in canada before my wife comes.Can i do that? or is there anything that i need to do.

Thanks & Regards,

John

Answer
Hello John,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Once landed, wait for your PR Card otherwise you need to get a Travel Document in order to come back to Canada. Once you got married and return to Canada, you can submit the Sponsorship Application. Make sure you visit www.cic.gc.ca web site and check out the checklist of Sponsoring a Spouse, so that you can bring back all the documents that you need in order to sponsor your wife. It's very simple process. Income requirements is exempted for spouse sponsorship as long as Sponsor meet other requirements.

Ravi

Ravi Khosla