Immigration Issues/B1/B2 COS to H1B

Question
QUESTION: Hi,

I am presently working and residing in Saudi Arabia and interested to settle in USA, recently i have got a 10 years USA multiple visa.

please let me know if i can get change of status to HI B visa if i visit US and how much would it cost.

regards,

Govind

ANSWER: Assuming that you have the equivalent of a suitable U.S. bachelor's degree, an employer in the U.S. would be required to file an H1B petition for you with the USCIS. In general, the employer pays the filing fees. Good luck in your job search.

QUESTION: thank you very much for your answer, i have completed a diploma in mechanical engineering 25 years back, presently i am working as a sales manager in Saudi Arabia marketing industrial maintenance products.
will i be able to get a job for this qualification and also would like to know if you can help me in the HIB petition, if yes how much would it cost, i am willing to travel to the US to file the petition.

regards,

Answer
Based on a combination of your diploma plus employment experience, you appear to have the necessary qualifications. However, a job offer from an employer in the U.S. is required, and the employer must be willing to file an H1B petition for you. We cannot assist you in locating a suitable employer.

Ajay K. Arora