Immigration Issues/EB2 equivalency for green card

Question
I am on H1b visa working as a public school teacher in Mississippi .I got 9 years of teaching experience (5 years in USA) and have master's degree in Physics from India. My employer wants to start my green card process . Please advise me , am i eligible under EB2 category ?
Thanks

Answer

To be qualified for EB2 based purely on education (master's degree equivalent to a U.S. master's degree), the bachelor's degree should be a 4-year degree. In general, bachelor of arts and science degrees are 3 year degrees in India. It also depends on whether your bachelor's and master's degrees are in a related field when combined to create the equivalent of a U.S. master's degree.

To be eligible for EB2 based on the equivalent of a four-year bachelor's degree from the U.S., you should have gained your employment experience after earning your master's degree and, moreover, in most cases the experience must be from an employer other than the sponsoring employer. We have general information here: www.h1b1.com/employmentbased.htm  

Ajay K. Arora