Immigration Issues/H1B petition transfer process with receipt

Question
H1B approved petition transfer process with receipt number only

Hi. I need help on H1B petition transfer process with receipt number only. I am in company A which filed my H1B. It was approved in February,2012. But due to some reason I can't get it stamped. Now I am leaving company A and looking for a new company B.
- Is transfer of H1B approved petition possible with only receipt number in hand ?
- Also what is the procedure for same ?
- can I get a employer who can transfer for me ?

Answer

It appears that you have never been in H1B visa status in the U.S. Therefore, another company can file an H1B petition for you, but you will be subject to the H1B visa cap.

Good luck in your job search in finding an employer ready to file an H1B petition for you. The procedure is the same as before.

Ajay K. Arora