Immigration Issues/H1B transfer and GC

Question
Hello Kumarji,

I am on H1B with employer A on second H1B extension. my PD for GC is in May 2010 on EB2. Due to some circumstances I may need to change employer to B. If employer A is willing to keep my GC file active can he do so? He is also willing to generate my payrolls if employer B is willing to pay for salary & expenses, is it legal and can I do it? I heard recent law change of H1B doesn't have to give visa interview if they are on second interview is that valid information? Thanks in advance for your help and happy new year.

Answer

If Employer A continues to offer you "permanent" employment in the future (when you receive your green card) it is OK if you work currently for Employer B, assuming that you are authorized to be employed currently by Employer B (for example, Employer B has successfully filed an H1B petition for you). You are not required to be on the payroll of Employer A.

Re. visa interview at the Consulate, please see http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp#qualifications  

Ajay K. Arora