Immigration Issues/P.R. help

Question
Hi Ravi,

I am currently on my second Working Holiday work visa (open work visa) from the UK. Now my issue is that my visa is set to run out in June. I am currently engaged to a Canadian Citizen and we are getting married in May. Now we are trying to wrap our heads around the P.R. application. Now we will be applying through Family class as Common Law partners ( we have lived together for over a year in Canada and a yea in the UK). Now the issue is that judging from the processing times for the P.R. application I will need to leave Canada before it is completed. Is there anyway that I can extend my visa to remain working in canada and stay for the remaining length of my application before i get P.R.? If so how would i go about this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as would like to avoid going back to the UK so shortly after being married.

Thanks

James

Answer
Dear James,

Thanks for your inquiry.

1. Is there anyway that I can extend my visa to remain working in canada and stay for the remaining length of my application before i get P.R.?

a) One option is through LMO - You need a employer who has to establish that he/she can't find worker within Canada then you can apply for an application for work permit (foreign worker) or

b) You both file within Canada Family Application and after around 6-7 months, CIC will allow you to work but request your extension within Canada (Separate application) in order to maintain your legal status in Canada or

c) You submit Family Class application outside (Mississauga - UK) Canada and that will take from 4-6 months in order to become PR.

Ravi

Ravi Khosla