Immigration Issues/Visitor's Visa Extension

Question
Hello,

I'm currently a P.R in Canada, and have started the application to Sponsor my husband to become a P.R also. We have applied for an extension and received a date to which his stay has been extended until. The problem is, it is not enough time for us to complete the applications. He has two type A dependent children still residing in their country of birth, which we have made the decision to also include on this application which, to be honest, has slowed the process down. My question is, are we entitled to apply for a second visitor visa extension in order to allow him to stay here and finish his applications for P.R ?

Thank you for your time, I look forward to your reply.

Answer
Dear Michelle,

Thanks for your inquiry.

1. Is he entitled to apply for a second visitor visa extension in order to allow him to stay here and finish his PR?

Yes, your spouse has to keep his legal status till the date he becomes PR. It's a simple application and must be submitted four weeks before the expiration of his current status. He is allowed as many times as possible until he becomes PR.

Ravi

P.S: In order to extend an application, he simply mentions that his PR application is in process under Family Class therefore he needs an extension.  

Ravi Khosla