Immigration Issues/B1-b2 Visa Expiration

My South African friend has a one year B1-B2 visa to America.
She was stamped for 6 months.
She would like to stay an additional 3-5 months in America to continue her traveling.

Her visa expires april 10th.
She wants to visit Cancun or Haiti.

If she leaves goes overseas and comes back before the
10th, will they issue her another 6 months or will
she still be under the same time period of april 10th deadline?

Or, she would like to leave on the 8th of april
and stay overseas for a week.  then when she comes back,
she can get another 5-6 months (as she has a one year visa).

is this an acceptable process?
she doesn't want to go through the difficult
of doing the paperwork to extend her stay while
in the country.

I ask for your sincere advice.
thank you.

Usually, when the person returns before the expiry of the stay granted they are issued fresh I-94 with new period of stay granted [which could be- as initial stay grant (3 or 6 months) or shorter period as per the discretion of issuing officer]. However, you might have to show why you intend to come back [like, return flight, arrangements with family and friends you have visited and staying with, etc.].  

Best wishes,  

Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.

Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.