Immigration Issues/Naturalization Interview

My question is in regards to naturalization interview in U.S.A.  A friend of mine is going to have an interview for naturalization in his native language. Since I am going to help as an interpreter,I want to know how it works. Is the interviewee,after I interpret the question, going to answer it in the native language? I want to know how it works from A to Z.I don't want to disappoint my friend. Besides,let me know if I can watch any videos on youtube that is simulated for that purpose.

Thanks for your help.

I understand your friend meets the requirements for language exception; however, basic understanding of English language is still required. As for your question, yes the question is answered after it is put to the interviewee in the native language.

For details you may visit:
(copy and paste in the url)

or visit, then u/citizenship, click on citizenship through naturalization and then click on exceptions and accommodations.

Best wishes,  

Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.

Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.