You are here:

Immigration Issues/Opening new Loan broker business and its law



I want to open a real estate loan broker business in california, los angeles area to apply E-2 visa, I am now the F-1 visa holder.

In oder to do that, I must need the real estates broker license. However, they don't allow the F-1 visa holder to have that license.

Thus, my question is if I hide a person who has both real estate broker and MLO license, can my company be established legally? Yet, if it can, does anything needs to under his control?

Also, if I have E-2 visa, does department of real estate allow me to apply the broker license?

Please advise.

Thank you very much.


Hi Shinan,

1. You can hire a manager to manage your company, but you should consult with experts from the California Department of Real Estate to see how that works.  This is not within my expertise.

2. I know for a fact that you must have a green card before you would be granted a license from the CA Dept of Real Estate.


Jack C Sung
attorney at law

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack Sung


Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else


Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

Awards and Honors
LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award

©2017 All rights reserved.