Immigration Issues/UCI


My wife has been a nautralized Canadian since 1995. She has misplaced her UCI. She is currently sponsoring me and we plan on sending the forms in less than a week. We just found out that form IMM1344 cannot be validated if we do not enter her UCI. Is her Certificate of Canadian Citizenship enough?

Thank you.

Dear Al Kahlee,

Yes, send a copy of the citizenship certificate.  If you can't find the UCI, enter a random 8 digit number to validate the document and after printing, cross it out.  In your cover letter, advise that you can no longer find the UCI.  CIC will look it up and find it based on her name, date of birth and the citizenship certificate.


Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Roxanne Jessome


I can answer questions pertaining to Canadian Immigration laws, policies and procedures as well as Canadian citizenship.


I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant specializing in the areas of family classes (spousal sponsorships, parents and grandparents), economic classes (federal skilled worker, provincial nominees, Canada experience class), and temporary entry (temporary foreign workers, visitors) and permanent residency obligations and citizenship requirements.

Immigration Consultants Regulatory Council of Canada Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

Graduate of the University of British Columbia, Certificate in Immigration Laws, Policies and Procedures.

©2017 All rights reserved.