Immigration Issues/UCI

Question
My wife has been a nautralized Canadian since 1995. She has misplaced her UCI. She is currently sponsoring me and we plan on sending the forms in less than a week. We just found out that form IMM1344 cannot be validated if we do not enter her UCI. Is her Certificate of Canadian Citizenship enough?

Thank you.

Answer
Dear Al Kahlee,

Yes, send a copy of the citizenship certificate.  If you can't find the UCI, enter a random 8 digit number to validate the document and after printing, cross it out.  In your cover letter, advise that you can no longer find the UCI.  CIC will look it up and find it based on her name, date of birth and the citizenship certificate.

Sincerely,

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
www.joincanada.com

Roxanne Jessome