Immigration Issues/Withdraw H4 petition


I have read one of the answer to withdraw the H4 petition, we have to write a letter to USCIS along with attached reciept notice I797. My question is we have to attach the original I797 or a copy, and other than else any more supporting documents like I94, current status, evidence of maintaining current status and all?

Either would do; however, make sure you keep copies of whatever you submit.  You may also submit copy of current I-94 along with that.  Also, would suggest to call USCIS and request for withdrawal over phone and keep the Agent ID and tracking ID #'s for record.  

Best wishes,  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.


Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.