Immigration Issues/H1b Cap-Exempt scenario

Question
I wanted know if I am really cap-exempt?

H1B approved in Apr 2010 from company A but din't travelled since project got cancelled on last moment. I have approved I-797 and visa stamped in my passport accordingly.

Company B (new) is offering job now and want to consider for h1b filing. Am I cap exempt based upon the fact that I was already counted against Cap in last 6 yrs from now (basically counted in 2010 as mentioned above)?

Answer

The USCIS has not definitely clarified whether an individual in your exact situation will be subject to the visa cap. However, our experience shows that you will not be subject to the visa cap if we provide evidence of your earlier H1B approval, such as copy of H1B approval notice (I-797) or H1B visa stamp in passport within the past 6 years.

Ajay K. Arora