You are here:

Immigration Issues/ICE HOLDS / ICE BONDS


a friend of mine has been arrested for rape. he is in the county jail with a bail of 40,000 but he has a hold for ICE. is there a way to get the ICE hold off so we can pay the bond and get him out while he waits for his court. he is illegal. never been arrested before, does have U.S. born children is there away to get a ICE bond for him?

Getting ICE hold off would not be easy in this case; it is a rape charge. You definitely need to consult an attorney with all the details including, his entry into the US, birth certificates of his US born children (their school records and medical records - if any), his marital status, etc.  

Please consult an immigration attorney having experience in handling criminal immigration matters.

Best wishes,  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.


Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.