Immigration Issues/L1 and L2 visas at the same time

Question
Hello Sir,

Currently I'm having an L2 Dependent visa which is valid for another 3 years and I'm yet to travel to USA in the month of June.

But my present company has decided to apply for a L1 from India.

Can i have both L1 and L2 at the same time.

What if my L1 gets denied, will the L2 still be valid?

Please guide me .

Thanks,
Smita

Answer
If your company is filing an L1 petition with the USCIS, upon approval you will apply for L1 visa stamp at a U.S. Consulate in your home country. General information about the L1 visa category is here: www.h1b1.com/L1visa.htm

When you apply for L1 visa stamp at the Consulate, the Consulate will cancel the existing L2 visa stamp when it issues you the L1 visa stamp.

If the Consulate does not issue the L1 visa stamp, it will not cancel the existing L2 visa stamp.

Ajay K. Arora