Immigration Issues/l2 to h4 transfer

Question
Hi

Recently, my husband's HR notified him that his L to H conversion was approved. We understand from his approval notice that his H is effective from 3/16/2012. But i am still on L2 visa with avalid I94 and no cos was filed for me.

In this circumstance, please advice:
1. If I'd lost my L2 status as of 3/16/2012 though my L2 I94 is still valid?
2. Can my husband's employer file for an L2 to H4 conversion now?
3. Is it better to go back to country and get a new visa stamped?

Id highly appreciate your early advice in this regard.

Answer
Well:
1) your L2 status terminates with your husbands H status approval with it's starting date.  As you know, L2 is a dependent visa - there is no L2 if there is no L1.
2) Sure; however, as H4 is a dependent visa it is not incumbent on the employer to file.  You may file the H4 yourself based on approved H1.
3) Entirely your decision; if you wish to travel out side the U.S, you may consider this option - because you need the visa stamped on your PP to travel abroad.  

Best wishes,  

AJAY SINGH